ComTac III Hearing Defender, Foliage Green
The 3MTM PeltorTM COMTAC family of headsets provides tactical hearing protection for todays modern warfighter. COMTAC has been designed specifi cally for use with firearms and ballistic combat helmets. The hearing protectors feature external microphones for talk-thru capability so todays warfi ghter can maintain situational awareness while still protecting their hearing.
- Level-dependent surround sound for talkthru function
- Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic (that can be mounted on either left or right side by operator) angled to minimize interference with peripheral vision
- Listen-only 2-way communication available
- Adjustable sizing to fit different users
- Level-Dependant Functionality, commonly referred to as talk thru, is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises.
- This is accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset.
- A microphone receives the sounds outside the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside the headset.
- The Level-Dependant digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshhold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifi es weak sounds to an audible level.
- 3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the clipping effect heard in common talk-thru systems.
- Clipping can result in missing the first syllable of important commands.
- This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
- Color: Foliage Green
- MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
- NRR 20dB (per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP certifi ed - tested internally at 3Ms NAVLAP-accredited facility)